I try to not bake too many ‘treats’ on the weekends, because if they are delicious then I tend to want to over indulge in them. However I found a recipe for Banana Blueberry Muffins and was intrigued, so I thought that instead of the normal “Special” breakfast on Sunday, I would try these muffins.
They turned out really well, however I would have to say that I think the recipe is supposed to be for a larger size muffin pan. I used regular sized ones and the amount of blueberries per muffin was quite a bit. So much so that they tended to over power the rest of the flavors. That is not to say that I wouldn’t try them again however.
Alan and I very much enjoyed them in the morning for breakfast and I stored away a few more for another breakfast this week. I then packaged up the rest and took them to my sister-in-laws house for her Thirty-one Party. They also seemed to be a huge hit there as well. So I tend to think that if they all disappear the recipe is a keeper.
Do you have a favorite breakfast muffin that you tend to make on a regular basis? Share the recipe, I’d love to try new and different muffins.
photo credit: Me
Banana Blueberry Muffins
serves makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350°, and prepare muffin tin by spraying with cooking spray, or lining with disposable muffin cups. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Beat in eggs, then add sugar and beat until well combined and almost smooth. Add mashed bananas and vegetable oil then fold in blueberries.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in a muffin comes out almost clean.